I had no idea of the first time plasma donor bonus until I went to a plasma donation center to inquire about the documentation needed for donating plasma. I was thrilled to know that a donor gets a decent compensation bonus as a reward for helping people.
Curious to know how the whole plasma donation process was initiated? Then let’s discuss everything about First Time Plasma Donor Bonus in detail.
What is the First Time Plasma Donor Bonus?
The first time plasma donor bonus is a financial compensation offered to people who donate plasma for the first time at a plasma donation center. The amount of the bonus ranges from $20 to $50. It is offered as a way to cover the time and expenses of the donor and to encourage more people to donate.
However, the staff may ask you to provide a valid form of identification, proof of residency, and security number for verification, followed by some questions.
Then the medical team opts to review your medical history and conduct a physical examination to verify your eligibility for a donor.
How Much Can You Get as a First Time Donor?
The amount one gets as a first time plasma donor bonus may vary from place to place, depending on where you are located and how much you weigh.
More plasma can be collected from a person with more weight considering the weight. Moreover, the appointment takes longer when the amount of plasma donated is more.
You may get hundreds of dollars per month for the first time you donate plasma. Then the payment may get reduced while you make your next donation. However, the compensation can range from $50 to $75 per appointment.
Which Company Pays the Highest when You Donate Plasma for The First Time?
CSL Plasma pays up to $1000 when you donate plasma to them for the very first time, which is the highest in the industry.
However, you must be eligible and qualified to be a donor by them. Also, the bonuses depend on the location you are in.
Best Places to Receive First Time Plasma Donor Bonus
These are the top 6 places to receive first time plasma donor bonus:
Immunotek bio centers have a renowned program for plasma donation that pays a good amount for your help and time. To know the exact numbers, check out How Much Does Immunotek Pay for Plasma Donation.
2. CSL Plasma
CSL Plasma is one of the prominent plasma donation centers. The pay rate per donation may vary depending on your location and other factors. However, it provides compensation of about $20 and $100 per visit. You can also redeem the rewards or gift cards offered by them after donations. Check out this article to get CSL Plasma 1000 Bonus.
3. BioLife Plasma
Equipped with donation centers in 35 U.S. states, BioLife Plasma is one of the largest plasma donation centers. Like CSL, BioLife too pays bonus compensation to new members. You can get a reloadable BioLife Mastercard to grab your prize, and you can get a payment between $30 and $40 per visit after your first visit is over.
Grifols help collect plasma from eligible donors in different locations throughout the United States. Recently plasma from people who recovered from COVID was accumulated to help people. The compensation for plasma donation is Up to $50 per donation. To know the exact compensation amount, refer Grifols Plasma Pay Chart 2023.
Established in 2004, it has about 25 donation centers in the United States. You can donate through KEDPLASMA and get compensated via Wirecard prepaid card. You can even win exciting rewards for donations, and compensation for Kedplasma New Donor Pay is upto $40 per visit.
Octapharma has about 150 donation centers nationwide and is based in the United States. You can join the OctaRewards program and earn points for your donations, and you can even get exciting eGift cards and extra cash as a first time plasma donor bonus. The compensation can range up to $1000 per month. Check out this guide on how to get Octapharma Plasma $1,000 Bonus.
What are the Requirements to be a First Time Donor?
The first time donors are asked some questions with proper identification and residency proof. This is followed by eligibility testing, which aims to fulfill the following requirements.
- Plasma donors should be 18 years or above.
- should weigh at least 110 pounds or 50 kilograms.
- Must pass the medical examination conducted by the donation centers.
- should complete a screening procedure of medical history.
- Should test negative for transmissible viruses, including hepatitis and HIV.
- Should follow a specific diet including 50 to 80 grams of daily protein.
Only after two satisfactory health screenings and negative disease test results within six months can you be eligible for a first time donor bonus. Until you have met the requirements for the same, your plasma cannot be used to manufacture therapies. This is an essential step to ensure the quality and safety of the medicines that patients need to treat life-threatening diseases.
How to Get the First Time Plasma Donation Bonus?
To get the first time plasma donation bonus, you can follow these steps:
- Find a plasma donation center: You can use online resources such as the Plasma Protein Therapeutics Association (PPTA) website or search for plasma donation centers near you to find a suitable location.
- Schedule an appointment: Contact the plasma donation center to schedule an appointment for your first donation. You may need to fill out some forms and complete medical screening to determine if you’re eligible to donate.
- Get your reloadable prepaid debit card: Make sure to get a reloadable prepaid debit card from the donation center before your first donation. This card will be used to receive your compensation for plasma donation.
- Donate plasma: During your appointment, you’ll undergo the plasma donation process, which typically takes about an hour.
- Receive your bonus: After your donation, the compensation for your time and plasma will be credited to your reloadable prepaid debit card within 24 hours.
Benefits of being a First Time Donor
These are the Benefits of being a First Time Donor:
- You can get a substantial amount of money in a first time plasma donor bonus. The appointment may take an hour from start to completion, which means that you can bring home a decent amount of money. Hence donating plasma can be an extraordinarily flexible and lucrative side job.
- Plasma is used to treat many chronic illnesses and diseases, including some immune deficiencies and rare diseases. Donating plasma is a safe and easy way to make a huge impact. You can do something significant that will help you improve the quality of life for many.
- Every plasma donation protocol has some specific guidelines, including a healthy diet. Regular plasma donations can guide you to progress forward with healthier eating habits. In this way, you can cut your unhealthy food and shift to eating nutritious food. This can improve your overall health.
Along with various benefits, a First time plasma donor bonus is the most effective way to compensate for your time. Moreover, donating plasma is a great way to provide a quality life to people with rare diseases. However, make sure to have a health check-up before opting for a donation. So why are you waiting? If you fulfill the requirements mentioned above, visit a donation center now and make a difference.