I’m sure you have heard by now that many people in Kansas City are struggling with homelessness and sleeping on the streets. Mattresses are a commodity that our society needs to function, but how many of us realize that others can’t afford them? It’s the little things that make a huge difference. Help someone out & donate mattress Kansas city.
Places to Donate Mattress Kansas city
If you are looking for places to donate mattress Kansas city, there are many places that can receive it.
- Kansas City Salvation Army– The first place on the list is the Salvation Army. They have both an adult shelter and a family shelter, which can use the donation.
- Sleepy Head Beds– It is an organization dedicated to mattress donation in Kansas City. But, they do not currently accept King Size Sets, bed frames, futons, and other furniture items.
- Avenue Of Life– Avenue of Life is a nonprofit organization that provides a safe haven for families and children. It shares the belief that all persons should be linked to mainstream resources and strongly believes in collaboration and partnerships with other agencies that serve the same target population. Key values of this organization are utilizing collaboration to expand their reach and effectiveness in the community through making use of community volunteers, in-kind donations, word-of-mouth referrals, as well as funding assistance. It is by far the best organization to donate mattress Kansas City.
- Courtney Ridge Landfill – They provide only drop-off for a mattress. They are a service provider that focuses on recycling and waste disposal services on providing reliable environmental solutions for proper waste management. Other items that can be dropped off for recycling include furniture, televisions, computers, and the original product packaging. You can contact them at (816) 257-7999.
- Front Steps Shelter Services – Not only does this organization take donations for furniture, food, clothing, and other items from individuals who want to donate things, it also has a thrift store that sells donated goods. The money made from selling the items goes towards helping people with mental health issues or physical disabilities such as HIV/AIDS move into permanent housing by providing rent assistance payments and paying utility bills that go unpaid to keep people sheltered when their shelter needs are not met due to a lack of money.
If you donate mattress Kansas City through any of these places, there will be many who benefit and are very thankful that someone took the time out of their day to donate and make the lives of those less fortunate just a little bit better.
Process to donate mattress Kansas City
- The process of mattress donation starts with filling out the contact form on the above-mentioned websites.
- Then, you will be contacted by the organization to schedule a pickup day and time. The Pickup Fee ranges from $40-$50 for an entire pickup, which helps fund program staff and materials.
- If your location is inside 435 Loop in Kansas City or Johnson County they will pick up your mattress within two weeks; if it’s outside of those boundaries then you need some more time – especially if it’s east of 435!
Donate your Mattresses to Charities in Kansas City
A mattress donation can be made in Kansas City by calling one of the local charities and schedule a pickup time. This is because donating your old mattress is not as simple as just dropping it off somewhere.
The two major charities that are running in Kansas City are Furniture Bank Network & the Salvation Army charity. Either one of them will be more than happy to come by your home, pick up the mattress, and store it for you until they find someone who needs the bed. The other option is to visit one of their many donation centers to give them the new bed and get a tax deduction while doing so.
Reasons to Donate a Mattress
There are a lot of reasons why donating your mattress to charity is something that you should seriously consider.
- Mattresses cost a lot of money and many people cannot afford one for themselves, let alone their children. If you have an old bedding set or have had enough with sleeping on it, this might be the perfect opportunity for you to donate it. One way to make sure your donation goes to those who need them most is by finding which charities accept mattresses in Kansas City, MO.
- Donating a mattress instead of getting rid of it will save time and money, not to mention the hassle.
- Donating your old bedding to charity is a smart choice because it will be reused by someone who could use a good night’s sleep.
Why is Mattress disposal important?
Mattress disposal is an important consideration for your home. Mattresses can be a breeding ground for dust mites, bacteria, fungi, and other allergens that can affect your health and even cause respiratory problems or worse.
Donating unwanted mattresses to charity is a great way to get rid of them, and the Kansas City area has several charities that can help.
Thrift Store Mattress Donation in Kansas City
Unfortunately, none of the local thrift stores in Kansas City don’t accept mattresses because they don’t have the resources to do so.
Also Read: Donate Hair Ohio
Finding the best place to donate mattress Kansas City is easy with our list of local charities mentioned above. If you have a clean, donated mattress that’s in good condition and not too old, we can help connect you with one of these charitable organizations so they can put it to use! We’ve been working hard to make the process of donating as quick and easy as possible. I hope this list of the best places to donate a mattress in Kansas City was helpful. If you know of any other organizations that accept mattresses, please share them with us and we will update our post for everyone else’s benefit. Thank you for taking the time to explore this post about donate mattress Kansas City.