We all have that one car we just can’t seem to get rid of. Whether it’s an old clunker that’s seen better days or a newer model that we simply don’t need anymore, getting rid of a car can be tough. But what if I told you there was a way to donate car Andover and help out a worthy cause in the process?
If you’re a resident of the town, there are plenty of vehicle donation stations around where you can donate car Andover. And not only will you be helping out a good cause, but you may also be eligible for tax deductions as well!
In this blog post, we’ll go over some of the top places for Andover, MA car donations and provide their contact information so you can easily get started with donating your vehicle today.
Top Places to Donate Car Andover
1. A Better Chance of Andover
Address: 134 Main St, Andover, MA 01810, United States
Phone: +1 978-475-4892
2. Essex County Habitat for Humanity Car Donations
Address: 647 Andover St. Lawrence, MA 01840
3. Vehicles For Veterans
Address: 10 Post Office Square, Boston, MA 02109, United States
Phone: +1 855-811-4838
4. Charity Cars, Inc.
Address: 1 Post Office Square, Boston, MA 02109, United States
Phone: +1 800-242-7489
If you live in or around Foxboro, read the top places for Car Donation Foxboro MA
Eligibility Criteria to Donate Car Andover
Before moving forward to donate a car in Andover, you need to check if you are eligible or not.
- The first thing that you need to check is the car’s condition. If the car is in a good condition then you can donate it. If you found a car in a bad condition, then you can keep it for yourself or you can sell it.
- Next thing that you need to check is the license and registration of the car. You can easily check the registration by calling the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles).
- Next thing that you need to check is the insurance. You can easily check the insurance by calling the insurance company.
How to donate your car in Andover, Massachusetts
- The first thing that you need to do is to contact the DMV and get the registration number of the car.
- After getting the registration number, you need to call the DMV and get the information about the car.
- Once you get the information about the car, you need to fill-up the form and submit it.
- Once the DMV receives the form, they will inform you about the next step.
- Now, you can easily pick up the car and take it to the nearest charity.
Do I Get a Tax Deduction for Car Donation Andover?
If you’re looking for an easy way to donate your car and get a tax deduction in Andover, you’ve come to the right place! All the above mentioned charities can offer you both a tax deduction and a tax credit for your vehicle donation in Andover, MA.
You can even get the tax credit and deduction in one simple step by donating your car to Charity Cars, Inc.! And not only do you get a tax deduction, but you can also help out a good cause at the same time!
Do these charities offer Free towing or Pickup?
All these charities offer free towing to Andover residents. But, there are a few that do charge for pickup if the car is more than 25 miles away from the pickup location. So, make sure that you check with them before donating.
How do I transfer ownership?
That is the most important thing to know about the entire process. If you are moving from Andover, MA to another state, you need to make sure that you transfer the ownership of the car before you donate it. Otherwise, you may not get the tax deduction for the car.
All these charities have the facility to transfer the ownership of the car. But, some of them may charge a small fee for it. So, you need to check with them before donating.
Required Documents to Donate a Car in Andover
The following documents are required to donate a car in Andover.
- Car title
- Car registration
- Proof of insurance
- Valid Driver’s License
- Car inspection certificate
- A letter from the DMV
Will they still take my car with a salvage title?
Salvage cars are accepted as donations for a good cause even if they have a salvage title.
If you are looking for the best and easiest way to donate car Andover, then you can use the above-mentioned charities and organizations. By using these tips, you will easily get the required information and you can easily donate car Andover.